Sure I love me some M&Ms, but after a while, no matter how delicious, the same thing gets boring, so I’ll pick up a Snickers or, if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, maybe even a Butterfinger. Ok, so maybe that wasn’t the best introduction to Boston rock/r&b/misc. crew Bad Rabbits, making their DJBooth debut today with their foot-stomping Can’t Back Down, but you get the point. Sonically producer Jayson Dezuzio works with the band to create an instantly danceable backdrop, while vocally I’m sure I won’t be the only one who will be reminded of some old school Prince (or whatever he’s calling himself now). Personally I was digging the change of pace, but I can’t speak for the rest of the Booth. So how about it? Are the Bad Rabbits something “different” in the exciting sense, or “different” in the “I don’t want to insult you so I’ll just say you’re different” sense? Those feeling this musical change of pace should look out for the Bad Rabbits on tour (including SXSW) and on their latest album Stick Up Kids, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trix Are for Kids" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.