No, you’re not hallucinating; Bad Meets Evil, the lyrically-bruising duo made up of Motown heavyweights Royce Da 5’9” and Eminem, hooks up with R&B-pop heartthrob Bruno Mars on new EP single Lighters. And, though the sentimental tone may surprise some listeners, the result is pretty damn catchy. Backed by Em, The Smeezingtons’ and Battle Roy‘s bouncy production, this catchy cut finds the duo dropping earnest bars about their pursuit of artistic greatness. For more check out Bad Meets Evil’s Hell: The Sequel EP, due out June14.
Written by richard on 06/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.