In light of today’s unemployment numbers and general economic climate, there may be a couple of y’all who are currently dreading a visit from The Repo Man . Well, provided you aren’t in the business of rocking mics, you can go ahead and breathe a sigh of relief—all that Bad Lucc‘s looking to repossess on his latest single is the rap game. Willie B. sets an understated yer tension-fraught mood on the production tip, layering relentless piano arpeggios over a syncopated break as the emcee lets us know just how dead-seriously he takes his craft: “I spew it, every track that I get, I abuse it / F*ck all your corny influences, n*gga this is music / And it’s bloody, drainin’ from all these bodies…” No doubt about it, Bad Lucc is a problem—as is guest spitter Problem, who advises rivals to say their prayers in a equally brutal closing verse. Has this uniquely fresh cut whet your appetite for more bruising bars and innovative beats? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the quality material on display on Lucc’s forthcoming full-length, Meet the Writer scheduled to drop soon via Diamond Lane Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/24/11
Submit your Rating
Diamond Lane Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Demo" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.