In light of today’s unemployment numbers and general economic climate, there may be a couple of y’all who are currently dreading a visit from The Repo Man . Well, provided you aren’t in the business of rocking mics, you can go ahead and breathe a sigh of relief—all that Bad Lucc‘s looking to repossess on his latest single is the rap game. Willie B. sets an understated yer tension-fraught mood on the production tip, layering relentless piano arpeggios over a syncopated break as the emcee lets us know just how dead-seriously he takes his craft: “I spew it, every track that I get, I abuse it / F*ck all your corny influences, n*gga this is music / And it’s bloody, drainin’ from all these bodies…” No doubt about it, Bad Lucc is a problem—as is guest spitter Problem, who advises rivals to say their prayers in a equally brutal closing verse. Has this uniquely fresh cut whet your appetite for more bruising bars and innovative beats? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the quality material on display on Lucc’s forthcoming full-length, Meet the Writer scheduled to drop soon via Diamond Lane Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/24/11
Submit your Rating
Diamond Lane Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Demo" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.