Baby Boy Da Prince is back, but he’s changed considerably since we last heard from him. Probably due to the lukewarm sales of his debut, Across the Water, the New Orleans native will release his sophomore album on indie Extreme Entertainment, leaving his one-and-done label deal with Universal Republic. Da Prince has also adopted a new alias, Damela - yeah, we know what you’re thinking: “Isn’t that some sort of girl’s name?” According to Baby Boy it is merely an abbreviated way of saying, “Damn, I look” (e.g., Damela good, Damela fine). On his new single of the same name, Philadelphia native Cassidy (yes, that Cassidy) drops by for a hot guest verse, which will undoubtedly make a few East Coast purists a tad mad. But, hey, it’s all about being catchy and entertaining, right?
Written by Burmy on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Naw Meen ft. Mannie Fresh" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.