Baby Boy Da Prince is back, but he’s changed considerably since we last heard from him. Probably due to the lukewarm sales of his debut, Across the Water, the New Orleans native will release his sophomore album on indie Extreme Entertainment, leaving his one-and-done label deal with Universal Republic. Da Prince has also adopted a new alias, Damela - yeah, we know what you’re thinking: “Isn’t that some sort of girl’s name?” According to Baby Boy it is merely an abbreviated way of saying, “Damn, I look” (e.g., Damela good, Damela fine). On his new single of the same name, Philadelphia native Cassidy (yes, that Cassidy) drops by for a hot guest verse, which will undoubtedly make a few East Coast purists a tad mad. But, hey, it’s all about being catchy and entertaining, right?
Written by Burmy on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Naw Meen ft. Mannie Fresh" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.