One of the primary questions label A&Rs ask when scouting for new signees is “How well would this artist mesh with the rest of our roster?” That concern is clearly of paramount importance to RCA Music Group‘s Clive Davis, an exec known for his drive to assemble artists with the greatest possible appeal to his label’s target audience. One of RCA‘s biggest demographics is the club-heads—the kind of listeners who will be all over Outta Control. On this new, potential single Arista‘s Baby Bash and J‘s Pitbull give their regards to the DJs who made their success possible. Some might cite Jim Jonsin‘s characteristically synth-heavy beat as this record’s highlight, but, being that we’re in the DJBooth, our favorite part is the bridge quote: “I don’t need no love, all I need is the DJ!” Stay tuned for further details on Baby Bash’s latest LP, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Na Na" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.