One of the primary questions label A&Rs ask when scouting for new signees is “How well would this artist mesh with the rest of our roster?” That concern is clearly of paramount importance to RCA Music Group‘s Clive Davis, an exec known for his drive to assemble artists with the greatest possible appeal to his label’s target audience. One of RCA‘s biggest demographics is the club-heads—the kind of listeners who will be all over Outta Control. On this new, potential single Arista‘s Baby Bash and J‘s Pitbull give their regards to the DJs who made their success possible. Some might cite Jim Jonsin‘s characteristically synth-heavy beat as this record’s highlight, but, being that we’re in the DJBooth, our favorite part is the bridge quote: “I don’t need no love, all I need is the DJ!” Stay tuned for further details on Baby Bash’s latest LP, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Na Na (The Yummy Song)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.