One of the primary questions label A&Rs ask when scouting for new signees is “How well would this artist mesh with the rest of our roster?” That concern is clearly of paramount importance to RCA Music Group‘s Clive Davis, an exec known for his drive to assemble artists with the greatest possible appeal to his label’s target audience. One of RCA‘s biggest demographics is the club-heads—the kind of listeners who will be all over Outta Control. On this new, potential single Arista‘s Baby Bash and J‘s Pitbull give their regards to the DJs who made their success possible. Some might cite Jim Jonsin‘s characteristically synth-heavy beat as this record’s highlight, but, being that we’re in the DJBooth, our favorite part is the bridge quote: “I don’t need no love, all I need is the DJ!” Stay tuned for further details on Baby Bash’s latest LP, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Na Na" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.