Baby Bash’s Cyclone has been remixed and sent out to clubs nationwide; disrupt on the dance floor will almost certainly ensue. Back for a second go-round is T-Pain and joining him are club rockers Hurricane Chris (Ay Bay Bay) and Gorilla Zoe (Hood Figga). While Bash released his latest album, the aptly titled Cyclone, to a myriad of mixed reviews and slightly disappointing retail sales, the Latino rapper has had a breakthrough year. Earlier this fall he joined Jennifer Lopez and Latin-legend, Santana, for the song, This Boy’s Fire. “It’s probably my biggest achievement since I got in the game,” Bash told DJBooth in an exclusive interview. Just goes to show there is more to music than record sales and critiques.
Written by DJ Z on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Na Na (The Yummy Song)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.