Having parted ways with J Records, Baby Bash may be flying solo on the label tip, but when it comes to female companionship, the Southern emcee/r&b crooner never has to worry about being alone. How is that possible? Well, on his latest promo single (the artist’s first release under his own BashTown Music Group label), B.B. explains that, whenever he needs a little company, he can simply close his eyes and think of his Fantasy Girl – a fictional female who, like Mary Poppins, is “practically perfect in every way.” Producer C Ballin’ offers up a funky, midtempo instrumental as the artist pays sung and rapped tribute to a girl who’s simply too flawless to be real. Similarly multi-talented underground mainstay Marty James handles the hook, helpfully explaining that, “You can’t spell ‘fantasy’ without ‘n-a-s-t-y.’” (I’m battling the urge to point out one or two other words you can’t spell “fantasy” without… Nah, too easy.) This track undoubtedly has what it takes to get bodies moving, but will it be enough to attract the major-label deal of Bash’s dreams? Keep it locked for all the latest developments in the newly-independent pop vet’s career.
Written by richard on 03/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Na Na (The Yummy Song)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.