Having parted ways with J Records, Baby Bash may be flying solo on the label tip, but when it comes to female companionship, the Southern emcee/r&b crooner never has to worry about being alone. How is that possible? Well, on his latest promo single (the artist’s first release under his own BashTown Music Group label), B.B. explains that, whenever he needs a little company, he can simply close his eyes and think of his Fantasy Girl – a fictional female who, like Mary Poppins, is “practically perfect in every way.” Producer C Ballin’ offers up a funky, midtempo instrumental as the artist pays sung and rapped tribute to a girl who’s simply too flawless to be real. Similarly multi-talented underground mainstay Marty James handles the hook, helpfully explaining that, “You can’t spell ‘fantasy’ without ‘n-a-s-t-y.’” (I’m battling the urge to point out one or two other words you can’t spell “fantasy” without… Nah, too easy.) This track undoubtedly has what it takes to get bodies moving, but will it be enough to attract the major-label deal of Bash’s dreams? Keep it locked for all the latest developments in the newly-independent pop vet’s career.
Written by richard on 03/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Na Na (The Yummy Song)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.