If remixing hip-hop records were a video game, Baauer would be playing on the highest difficulty level. On his latest feature, Soulja, the EDM heavyweight chooses as his source material a Booth-panned Soulja Boy single… from 2008. Inauspicious as Bird Walk may be as a staring point, he manages to create something that’s not only listenable but pretty damn dope. The original’s minimal, self-produced beat is replaced with a stuttering, bass-heavy rhythm guaranteed to get bodies moving on the dance floor. On the back, the instrumental mutates into a dreamy, aquatic synth groove. In keeping with the video game theme, fans can download this cut, as well as Baauer’s previously-released Clang, by visiting his official site and entering the secret code “soulja” into the speak box.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.