In a well-known Biblical tale, Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt by parting the Red Sea, allowing his people to flee to safety as the Egyptian armies were engulfed in walls of water. Now, a few thousand years later, an up-and-coming rap duo are attempting a similar feat: instead of leading a group of enslaved people across a body of water, though, B.X.C. are looking to part the traffic so they can roll through the Chi-town streets unimpeded. On Open Wide, the newest buzz single off their Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam debut album (no release date yet), Lyriq and Commando describe a night of cruising and partying over AKR‘s minimal horn sample (which he periodically flips into reverse); DTP label head Ludacris even hops into their ride to deliver a rapped hook. Though we advise against attempting to reenact Old Testament miracles while driving, this track should be the perfect addition to Booth readers’ “late-night cruising” mixes.
Written by Dr. D on 08/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.