In a well-known Biblical tale, Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt by parting the Red Sea, allowing his people to flee to safety as the Egyptian armies were engulfed in walls of water. Now, a few thousand years later, an up-and-coming rap duo are attempting a similar feat: instead of leading a group of enslaved people across a body of water, though, B.X.C. are looking to part the traffic so they can roll through the Chi-town streets unimpeded. On Open Wide, the newest buzz single off their Disturbing Tha Peace/Def Jam debut album (no release date yet), Lyriq and Commando describe a night of cruising and partying over AKR‘s minimal horn sample (which he periodically flips into reverse); DTP label head Ludacris even hops into their ride to deliver a rapped hook. Though we advise against attempting to reenact Old Testament miracles while driving, this track should be the perfect addition to Booth readers’ “late-night cruising” mixes.
Written by Dr. D on 08/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.