Can a hip-hop act remain dope while setting a good example for their youngest fans? Lyriq and Commando of Disturbing tha Peace twosome B.X.C. think so and, on this newly-leaked mixtape cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), they set out to prove it, offering a piece of advice listeners of all ages would do well to heed: “Look both ways before you Cross the Street,” because what’s on the other side is never important enough to put your life on the line. Dual Chicago/Atlanta representative 4-Ize steps up to the mic to deliver a closing verse over beatsmith Omen‘s spacey, slightly ominous piano-synth-harp arrangement, steering the track into more allegorical territory: “Captivated, not lookin’, chasin’ booty in the limelight/ I was jaywalking one night and got sideswiped...” A catchy, lyrically driven cut with a message we can all take to heart, Cross the Street can be found on B.X.C.‘s DJBooth.net-hosted Off the Leash mixtape, set to drop next Tuesday, December 15.
Written by richard on 12/6/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.