Can a hip-hop act remain dope while setting a good example for their youngest fans? Lyriq and Commando of Disturbing tha Peace twosome B.X.C. think so and, on this newly-leaked mixtape cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), they set out to prove it, offering a piece of advice listeners of all ages would do well to heed: “Look both ways before you Cross the Street,” because what’s on the other side is never important enough to put your life on the line. Dual Chicago/Atlanta representative 4-Ize steps up to the mic to deliver a closing verse over beatsmith Omen‘s spacey, slightly ominous piano-synth-harp arrangement, steering the track into more allegorical territory: “Captivated, not lookin’, chasin’ booty in the limelight/ I was jaywalking one night and got sideswiped...” A catchy, lyrically driven cut with a message we can all take to heart, Cross the Street can be found on B.X.C.‘s DJBooth.net-hosted Off the Leash mixtape, set to drop next Tuesday, December 15.
Written by richard on 12/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.