Can a hip-hop act remain dope while setting a good example for their youngest fans? Lyriq and Commando of Disturbing tha Peace twosome B.X.C. think so and, on this newly-leaked mixtape cut (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), they set out to prove it, offering a piece of advice listeners of all ages would do well to heed: “Look both ways before you Cross the Street,” because what’s on the other side is never important enough to put your life on the line. Dual Chicago/Atlanta representative 4-Ize steps up to the mic to deliver a closing verse over beatsmith Omen‘s spacey, slightly ominous piano-synth-harp arrangement, steering the track into more allegorical territory: “Captivated, not lookin’, chasin’ booty in the limelight/ I was jaywalking one night and got sideswiped...” A catchy, lyrically driven cut with a message we can all take to heart, Cross the Street can be found on B.X.C.‘s DJBooth.net-hosted Off the Leash mixtape, set to drop next Tuesday, December 15.
Written by richard on 12/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.