As hip-hop’s influence has spread over the worldwide music landscape over the last twenty years or so, its artists have become the spokespeople for a variety of other forms of entertainment. As an example, the soundtrack to Madden NFL ‘09 features eleven hip-hop tracks, three of them (We Made It, Millionaire, and Let It Rock) featured previously inside the Booth. To further emphasize this point, Nintendo and B.o.B. have teamed up to create a promo single for their DS video game system; bringing out his electric guitar and drum set, the Atlanta native creates a classic rock-n-roll cut about how we’ve Created A Monster that, despite all the damage it has done, nobody wants to kill. B.o.B.‘s debut album, The Adventures of B.o.B., drops next year.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/08
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.