I was about to call B.o.B. the world’s most popular rapper turned rocker/pop sensation, and then I remembered Lil Wayne’s musical transformation (see also: How to Love). Considering both Bobby and Weezy have joined forces for a new single, is it unreasonable then to think that Strange Clouds will be the biggest hit in music history? Ok, yeah, that is a little unreasonable, but you get the point. This one’s aimed at the charts, especially with proven hitmaker Dr. Luke cooking up an atmpospheric beat that’s as dark as it is catchy, a formula that’s worked for B.o.B. before (Airplanes). Vocally the esteemed Nothin on You creator walks both sides of the line nicely, one minute flipping off-kilter rhymes (first Top Chef reference in rap history?) and the next delivering party-ready vocals on the hook. For his part Weezy is, well, Weezy, alternately promising women some serious acrobatics in bed and proclaiming his gang ties. While we’ve yet to get either
(the album will also be entitled Strange Clouds) or release date for B.o.B.’s highly-anticipated sophomore album, Strange Clouds soaring up the charts will ensure both happen sooner rather than later. So how about it Booth Nation, does this one have #1 written all over it?
Written by Nathan S. on 09/25/11
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.