One of the more popular trends in urban music is embattled split personalities (see: Beyonce/Sasha Fierce, T.I./T.I.P., and Cassidy‘s The Problem/The Hustla). The only artist to use his multiple personalities interchangeably, however, is Bobby Ray Simmons, who gives equal time to laid-back soul/funk persona Bobby Ray and lyrical beast B.o.B.. These two alter egos go head to head on the Green Lantern/Don Cannon-hosted B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray mixtape, which features Booth-approved cuts Mr. Bobby and Put Me On off the Bobby Ray side and Change Gon Come and I’m That N*gga from the B.o.B. side. The third Booth feature from the latter side expands upon the feelings Kanye West expressed in Pinocchio Story. Over his own sampled beat, the ATLien points out the many downsides of life as a celebrity and poses the question, Do You Have The Stamina? Though most of us would answer that question in the negative, the on-point lyricism that both collaborators bring to this cut should get a resounding “Yes!” from our regulars.
Written by Burmy on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.