One of the more popular trends in urban music is embattled split personalities (see: Beyonce/Sasha Fierce, T.I./T.I.P., and Cassidy‘s The Problem/The Hustla). The only artist to use his multiple personalities interchangeably, however, is Bobby Ray Simmons, who gives equal time to laid-back soul/funk persona Bobby Ray and lyrical beast B.o.B.. These two alter egos go head to head on the Green Lantern/Don Cannon-hosted B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray mixtape, which features Booth-approved cuts Mr. Bobby and Put Me On off the Bobby Ray side and Change Gon Come and I’m That N*gga from the B.o.B. side. The third Booth feature from the latter side expands upon the feelings Kanye West expressed in Pinocchio Story. Over his own sampled beat, the ATLien points out the many downsides of life as a celebrity and poses the question, Do You Have The Stamina? Though most of us would answer that question in the negative, the on-point lyricism that both collaborators bring to this cut should get a resounding “Yes!” from our regulars.
Written by Burmy on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)