When B.o.B‘s May 25th mixtape hit the ‘net back in February, readers and staff agreed that Gladiators was a cut above the rest. Today, slowpokes who still have yet to listen to the project can finally hear what the fuss is about. On this slow-burning banger, heavyweight producer The Alchemist serves up a densely-layered instrumental fraught with tense synths and glimmering piano riffs as B.o.B and fellow buzzmaker J. Cole suit up for battle. The rappers aren’t fighting amongst themselves – on the contrary, they seem determined to take on the whole damned industry. The headliner comes with even more intense flows than usual, while Cole keeps things a little lower-key, spitting guest bars that drip with steely determination. Needless to say, the record should have readers cheering just like spectators at the Colosseum. If you’re a Bobby Ray devotee, you’ll be happy to hear that the album release date cited in the title of his latest mixtape has already been rendered incorrect. Say what?! That’s right: the artist’s debut set, The Adventures of B.o.B, has been pushed ahead to April 27.
Written by richard on 03/4/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.