Money vs. love, checks vs. art. It’s an age old battle that artists have been fighting since the dawn of time, or at least since the dawn of the modern music industry, and judging by B.o.B.’s new leak F*ck the Money the ATL emcee’s already decided which side he’s on. One of the standout tracks off his May 25th mixtape, F*ck the Money’s centerpiece is some of the best Kanye production we’ve heard in a minute, which is ironic considering he reportedly made the beat way back in 2005. Regardless, it’d be wrong to say that B.o.B. and guest artist Asher Roth (who’s getting better every time I hear him) “kill” this one, instead they more appropriately bob and weave in and out of the track, dropping a combination of lines and then letting the haunting vocal sample finish the job. For more from Atlanta’s rising star be sure to check out his May 25th mixtape, available for download now, as well as an exclusive interview dropping next week (unless DJ Z makes a lot of money and quits this crazy scene first).
Written by Nathan S. on 02/4/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)