Money vs. love, checks vs. art. It’s an age old battle that artists have been fighting since the dawn of time, or at least since the dawn of the modern music industry, and judging by B.o.B.’s new leak F*ck the Money the ATL emcee’s already decided which side he’s on. One of the standout tracks off his May 25th mixtape, F*ck the Money’s centerpiece is some of the best Kanye production we’ve heard in a minute, which is ironic considering he reportedly made the beat way back in 2005. Regardless, it’d be wrong to say that B.o.B. and guest artist Asher Roth (who’s getting better every time I hear him) “kill” this one, instead they more appropriately bob and weave in and out of the track, dropping a combination of lines and then letting the haunting vocal sample finish the job. For more from Atlanta’s rising star be sure to check out his May 25th mixtape, available for download now, as well as an exclusive interview dropping next week (unless DJ Z makes a lot of money and quits this crazy scene first).
Written by Nathan S. on 02/4/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.