Earlier this week, we brought Booth readers Back to the Money, the lead single off B.G.‘s 11th studio album, Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood... or was it? Uh, as it turns out, it wasn’t – now it seems that Baby Gangster is rolling with this track, My Hood as the official selection. Here, the rapper reunites with a familiar face from his Cash Money days; Mannie Fresh delivers a bombastic synth-brass beat befitting hood royalty, and the New Orleans emcee matches his past collaborator’s infectiously cheery fanfare with three exultant verses, putting a philanthropic spin on the previous selection’s “big money/back like I never left” theme. This magnanimous street anthem’s light, feel-good vibe is appealing, but the question remains: was the single switch for the best? Judging by the polarized Booth reader and staff reviews BttM received, we can expect a healthy debate. Whichever track you prefer, though, you’re sure to find more to your liking on B.G.‘s 11th studio album when it hits stores and online retailers November, 24.
Written by richard on 10/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.