B.G. fans rejoice! After a three-year dry spell, the N.O. emcee is finally ready to get Back to the Money with the release of his 11th solo album, Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood. On the project’s lead single, Baby Gangster makes his return to the game official. After apologizing to the streets for being absent for so long, the artist gets down to business; backed by Oddz.N.Endz’ densely-packed blend of sawtoothed keyboard chords, synth swooshes, and high-impact percussion (topped off with the hook vocals of Cash Money singer Magnolia Chop), the rapper speaks briefly on his former creative and financial difficulties (“I can’t lie, I had started to feel the recession/ I signed my deal but I really wasn’t feelin’ progression”) and lets fans know just how much paper he plans to stack in the future (a lot). B.G.‘s no-nonsense attitude is admirable, but will it add up to renewed riches? We won’t know for sure till November 24, when the emcee’s latest full-length hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.