As those who tuned in for his Booth-exclusive video interview (shot backstage at ‘09’s Rock the Bells opener) already know, B. Dolan is far from your average rapper. Along with his lovingly-maintained, biker-esque beard and his affection for all things pug-related, another trait that sets the underground emcee apart from the pack is his perspective on the the pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. On his latest album leak (and first Booth feature), Fifty Ways to Bleed Your Customer, Dolan takes a look at our corporate culture, skewering the profit-mongers who would (and do) feed the public poison to make a quick buck. Backed by the appropriately maniacal, percussion-driven boardwork of Alias, the emcee delivers fragmented shotgun blasts of aggressively satirical lyrical ammunition: “We sell Brand X seatbelts and planned obsolescence, clinical trial coverup, never crash-tested…” Sure to earn repeat spins from heads with a penchant for radical rhetoric, FIfty Ways can be found on B. Dolan’s Fallen House, Sunken City LP when it hits stores and online retailers March 2.
Listen to More: B. Dolan
Written by richard on 01/27/10
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.