As those who tuned in for his Booth-exclusive video interview (shot backstage at ‘09’s Rock the Bells opener) already know, B. Dolan is far from your average rapper. Along with his lovingly-maintained, biker-esque beard and his affection for all things pug-related, another trait that sets the underground emcee apart from the pack is his perspective on the the pursuit of the Almighty Dollar. On his latest album leak (and first Booth feature), Fifty Ways to Bleed Your Customer, Dolan takes a look at our corporate culture, skewering the profit-mongers who would (and do) feed the public poison to make a quick buck. Backed by the appropriately maniacal, percussion-driven boardwork of Alias, the emcee delivers fragmented shotgun blasts of aggressively satirical lyrical ammunition: “We sell Brand X seatbelts and planned obsolescence, clinical trial coverup, never crash-tested…” Sure to earn repeat spins from heads with a penchant for radical rhetoric, FIfty Ways can be found on B. Dolan’s Fallen House, Sunken City LP when it hits stores and online retailers March 2.
Written by richard on 01/27/10
Submit your Rating
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.