Call me naïve, but drug-related euphemisms seem to be getting more and more esoteric by the day. Take B. Stille‘s latest promo single, for example. While the title, “The Soup Kitchen,” had me imagining the Nappy Roots member and his collaborators ladling out chicken noodle to hungry denizens of their ‘hood, in reality it finds him, “[serving] the block,” in a very different fashion. Over Trakksounds’ reggae-informed street boardwork, complete with a sampled hook and surf-guitar intro, Buffalo Stille gets, “high as the gas price,” and helps those around him do the same. I-20, Nyche and Renzo share their own blunted observations on the use and distribution of narcotics on the guest tip. While this hazy selection isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, heads can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest solo work from the Kentucky mainstay.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awnaw, Not Again" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.