Call me naïve, but drug-related euphemisms seem to be getting more and more esoteric by the day. Take B. Stille‘s latest promo single, for example. While the title, “The Soup Kitchen,” had me imagining the Nappy Roots member and his collaborators ladling out chicken noodle to hungry denizens of their ‘hood, in reality it finds him, “[serving] the block,” in a very different fashion. Over Trakksounds’ reggae-informed street boardwork, complete with a sampled hook and surf-guitar intro, Buffalo Stille gets, “high as the gas price,” and helps those around him do the same. I-20, Nyche and Renzo share their own blunted observations on the use and distribution of narcotics on the guest tip. While this hazy selection isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, heads can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest solo work from the Kentucky mainstay.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awnaw, Not Again" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.