Call me naïve, but drug-related euphemisms seem to be getting more and more esoteric by the day. Take B. Stille‘s latest promo single, for example. While the title, “The Soup Kitchen,” had me imagining the Nappy Roots member and his collaborators ladling out chicken noodle to hungry denizens of their ‘hood, in reality it finds him, “[serving] the block,” in a very different fashion. Over Trakksounds’ reggae-informed street boardwork, complete with a sampled hook and surf-guitar intro, Buffalo Stille gets, “high as the gas price,” and helps those around him do the same. I-20, Nyche and Renzo share their own blunted observations on the use and distribution of narcotics on the guest tip. While this hazy selection isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, heads can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest solo work from the Kentucky mainstay.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awnaw, Not Again" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)