Call me naïve, but drug-related euphemisms seem to be getting more and more esoteric by the day. Take B. Stille‘s latest promo single, for example. While the title, “The Soup Kitchen,” had me imagining the Nappy Roots member and his collaborators ladling out chicken noodle to hungry denizens of their ‘hood, in reality it finds him, “[serving] the block,” in a very different fashion. Over Trakksounds’ reggae-informed street boardwork, complete with a sampled hook and surf-guitar intro, Buffalo Stille gets, “high as the gas price,” and helps those around him do the same. I-20, Nyche and Renzo share their own blunted observations on the use and distribution of narcotics on the guest tip. While this hazy selection isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, heads can stay tuned to the Booth for all the latest solo work from the Kentucky mainstay.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awnaw, Not Again" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.