With his latest appearance in the DJBooth B. Smyth not only notches his first feature since last year’s Leggo, but marks his first collaboration with artist-of-the-moment Future; I’d say that’s a Win Win for the buzzmaker. Smyth should have titled the record “Win Win Win,” though, because in addition to the first two W’s super producer Mike WiLL Made It is the author of the track’s winding beat. Atop the hybrid R&B and trap concoction, Smyth impresses with his smooth, higher-pitched vocals, which serve as an interesting counterbalance to Future’s Auto-Tuned, choppy sound. Win Win is a part of an upcoming series, where the Motown signee will release a single and video for six weeks straight starting next week, culminating in the release of his The Florida Files EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.