With his latest appearance in the DJBooth B. Smyth not only notches his first feature since last year’s Leggo, but marks his first collaboration with artist-of-the-moment Future; I’d say that’s a Win Win for the buzzmaker. Smyth should have titled the record “Win Win Win,” though, because in addition to the first two W’s super producer Mike WiLL Made It is the author of the track’s winding beat. Atop the hybrid R&B and trap concoction, Smyth impresses with his smooth, higher-pitched vocals, which serve as an interesting counterbalance to Future’s Auto-Tuned, choppy sound. Win Win is a part of an upcoming series, where the Motown signee will release a single and video for six weeks straight starting next week, culminating in the release of his The Florida Files EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.