With his latest appearance in the DJBooth B. Smyth not only notches his first feature since last year’s Leggo, but marks his first collaboration with artist-of-the-moment Future; I’d say that’s a Win Win for the buzzmaker. Smyth should have titled the record “Win Win Win,” though, because in addition to the first two W’s super producer Mike WiLL Made It is the author of the track’s winding beat. Atop the hybrid R&B and trap concoction, Smyth impresses with his smooth, higher-pitched vocals, which serve as an interesting counterbalance to Future’s Auto-Tuned, choppy sound. Win Win is a part of an upcoming series, where the Motown signee will release a single and video for six weeks straight starting next week, culminating in the release of his The Florida Files EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.