With his latest appearance in the DJBooth B. Smyth not only notches his first feature since last year’s Leggo, but marks his first collaboration with artist-of-the-moment Future; I’d say that’s a Win Win for the buzzmaker. Smyth should have titled the record “Win Win Win,” though, because in addition to the first two W’s super producer Mike WiLL Made It is the author of the track’s winding beat. Atop the hybrid R&B and trap concoction, Smyth impresses with his smooth, higher-pitched vocals, which serve as an interesting counterbalance to Future’s Auto-Tuned, choppy sound. Win Win is a part of an upcoming series, where the Motown signee will release a single and video for six weeks straight starting next week, culminating in the release of his The Florida Files EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.