Already having ahiceved ‘legend’ status as the frontman of pioneer Latino rap group Cypress Hill, B-Real is now doing what all frontmen are bound to do at some point: release a solo album of his own. With Smoke N Mirrors’ February 24th release, longtime fans and relative newcomers alike will get a chance to hear how he handles being in the spotlight. Like many other frontman-turned-solo act debut albums, SNM is set to feature a plethora of guest artists, one of whom lends a hand on the new single, Fire. Although B-Real maintains his trademark flow, he adds a reggae twist, featuring Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley (Bob’s youngest son) on background vocals and spitting over a beat that sounds like it came straight from the slums of Kingston. If Fire‘s got you insane in the brain, then you’ll love what else B-Real has in store for Smoke N Mirrors as well. Be sure to check back with the Booth next month for B-Real’s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 01/12/09
Submit your Rating
Audio Hustlaz/Duck Down
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.