Already having ahiceved ‘legend’ status as the frontman of pioneer Latino rap group Cypress Hill, B-Real is now doing what all frontmen are bound to do at some point: release a solo album of his own. With Smoke N Mirrors’ February 24th release, longtime fans and relative newcomers alike will get a chance to hear how he handles being in the spotlight. Like many other frontman-turned-solo act debut albums, SNM is set to feature a plethora of guest artists, one of whom lends a hand on the new single, Fire. Although B-Real maintains his trademark flow, he adds a reggae twist, featuring Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley (Bob’s youngest son) on background vocals and spitting over a beat that sounds like it came straight from the slums of Kingston. If Fire‘s got you insane in the brain, then you’ll love what else B-Real has in store for Smoke N Mirrors as well. Be sure to check back with the Booth next month for B-Real’s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 01/12/09
Submit your Rating
Audio Hustlaz/Duck Down
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.