Sadly, not every up and coming rapper knows how to respect their elders like St. Louis native B-Ezzy. On his DJBooth premiere feature, Million Bucks, Ezzy builds a song around a sample from Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh’s super-classic track La Di Da Di. Million Bucks, produced by Best Kept Secret, features a hard percussion sound that seamlessly mixes in with the background sample, but Ezzy’s flow is the real story here as he successfully pays homage to Rick’s style and delivery with a flow that sounds vaguely like a cross between Lil Wayne and Andre 3000. Ezzy’s second verse is the best part of the track, as he spits some clever lines like, “About to give him Patriotic wounds like Brady,” but guest artist and Bay Area staple Mistah Fab more than holds his own on his quality verse. To put it mildly, this new Midwest emcee has a great deal of potential. Million Bucks is set to appear on the upcoming Ezzy Like Sunday Morning, which drops January 1, 2010.
Written by matt juss on 11/16/09
Submit your Rating
Hoopla Media Group/LRT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights, Please" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.