Sadly, not every up and coming rapper knows how to respect their elders like St. Louis native B-Ezzy. On his DJBooth premiere feature, Million Bucks, Ezzy builds a song around a sample from Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh’s super-classic track La Di Da Di. Million Bucks, produced by Best Kept Secret, features a hard percussion sound that seamlessly mixes in with the background sample, but Ezzy’s flow is the real story here as he successfully pays homage to Rick’s style and delivery with a flow that sounds vaguely like a cross between Lil Wayne and Andre 3000. Ezzy’s second verse is the best part of the track, as he spits some clever lines like, “About to give him Patriotic wounds like Brady,” but guest artist and Bay Area staple Mistah Fab more than holds his own on his quality verse. To put it mildly, this new Midwest emcee has a great deal of potential. Million Bucks is set to appear on the upcoming Ezzy Like Sunday Morning, which drops January 1, 2010.
Written by matt juss on 11/16/09
Submit your Rating
Hoopla Media Group/LRT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights, Please" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.