Sadly, not every up and coming rapper knows how to respect their elders like St. Louis native B-Ezzy. On his DJBooth premiere feature, Million Bucks, Ezzy builds a song around a sample from Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh’s super-classic track La Di Da Di. Million Bucks, produced by Best Kept Secret, features a hard percussion sound that seamlessly mixes in with the background sample, but Ezzy’s flow is the real story here as he successfully pays homage to Rick’s style and delivery with a flow that sounds vaguely like a cross between Lil Wayne and Andre 3000. Ezzy’s second verse is the best part of the track, as he spits some clever lines like, “About to give him Patriotic wounds like Brady,” but guest artist and Bay Area staple Mistah Fab more than holds his own on his quality verse. To put it mildly, this new Midwest emcee has a great deal of potential. Million Bucks is set to appear on the upcoming Ezzy Like Sunday Morning, which drops January 1, 2010.
Written by matt juss on 11/16/09
Hoopla Media Group/LRT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights, Please" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.