With his previous Booth features, the Slick Rick-inspired Million Bucks and exclusive freestyle Lights, Please, West Coast up-and-comer proved he could spit over old-school grooves and more modern material with equal dexterity. Now, however, comes the true test of his musical versatility: can he rock the club without compromising his unique style? Well… yeah. Judging by new single Boogie Down, he most definitely can. With the help of beatsmith Johnny Juliano, whose retro-informed funk-soul boardwork (sampled from Earth, Wind and Fire’s Let’s Groove) is sure to get bodies moving, the artist asks a fine female to step out onto the floor, and proceeds to cut a rug. Lyrically, Ezzy keeps things simple yet engaging, setting the scene with some vivid lyrical imagery in between testing out pickup lines on the aforementioned shawty. Crafting high-quality party music is no walk in the park, but B-Ezzy seems to have it down. If you’re digging this cut, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s DJ Ill Will, DJ Rockstar and The Empire-presented Well That Was Ezzy mixtape, due out Oct. 25.
Written by richard on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
Hoopla Media Group/LRT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Million Bucks" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.