After only a handful of features in 2011 and absolute silence thus far in ‘12, fans may be starting to wonder: where the f**k is B. Dolan? The short answer lies in the title of the Strange Famous emcee’s new single: he’s Still Here. For the full answer, well, you’ll just have to take a listen to the record itself. Buddy Peace handles production duties, flipping a sample from an unidentified instrument (Dolan guesses bagpipes, while my money is on something bowed) into a cinematic instrumental backdrop as the underground phenom brings fans up to speed. In between snapshots of his traumatic 2010—during which his father’s diagnosis with, and death to lung cancer combined with his most ambitious touring schedule to date left him unsure whether he could continue in the game—the artist charts a path from despair to rebirth, tempering his usual, apocalyptic perspective with a powerful overtone of hope: “The end might be near, but we’re still still here.” Craving more from the newly-rejuvenated B. Dolan? You’ll find what you seek on House of Bees v. 2, available for purchase via Strange Famous’ official site.
Written by richard on 05/10/12
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fifty Ways to Bleed Your Customer" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)