After only a handful of features in 2011 and absolute silence thus far in ‘12, fans may be starting to wonder: where the f**k is B. Dolan? The short answer lies in the title of the Strange Famous emcee’s new single: he’s Still Here. For the full answer, well, you’ll just have to take a listen to the record itself. Buddy Peace handles production duties, flipping a sample from an unidentified instrument (Dolan guesses bagpipes, while my money is on something bowed) into a cinematic instrumental backdrop as the underground phenom brings fans up to speed. In between snapshots of his traumatic 2010—during which his father’s diagnosis with, and death to lung cancer combined with his most ambitious touring schedule to date left him unsure whether he could continue in the game—the artist charts a path from despair to rebirth, tempering his usual, apocalyptic perspective with a powerful overtone of hope: “The end might be near, but we’re still still here.” Craving more from the newly-rejuvenated B. Dolan? You’ll find what you seek on House of Bees v. 2, available for purchase via Strange Famous’ official site.
Written by richard on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fifty Ways to Bleed Your Customer" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.