I’ve always wondered what it would feel like to walk on the moon (sadly, shackled with two left feet, I can’t even pretend Mike Jackson-style). However, I do take solace in knowing what zero-gravity clubs will be bumping when we decide to colonize deep space, namely B. Dolan’s Earthmovers, a track that couldn’t get any more out of this atmosphere. The coupling of Alias’ haunting, club-ready production with Dolan’s smooth flow and almost alien distortion make me feel like I need to buy a space suit to thoroughly enjoy the track. The Rhode Island emcee does some ill lyrical work with his bars, translating his vision of breaking ground into the music industry into other-worldly ventures: “Never mind the mess, we going to mars next/ father of the project, god complex.” If you like what you’re hearing – well, do you? - fly on over to his Fallen House, Sunken City album, set to drop on March 2 (and don’t forget the space suit).
Written by Sigurd on 02/16/10
Submit your Rating
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fifty Ways to Bleed Your Customer" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.