I’ve always wondered what it would feel like to walk on the moon (sadly, shackled with two left feet, I can’t even pretend Mike Jackson-style). However, I do take solace in knowing what zero-gravity clubs will be bumping when we decide to colonize deep space, namely B. Dolan’s Earthmovers, a track that couldn’t get any more out of this atmosphere. The coupling of Alias’ haunting, club-ready production with Dolan’s smooth flow and almost alien distortion make me feel like I need to buy a space suit to thoroughly enjoy the track. The Rhode Island emcee does some ill lyrical work with his bars, translating his vision of breaking ground into the music industry into other-worldly ventures: “Never mind the mess, we going to mars next/ father of the project, god complex.” If you like what you’re hearing – well, do you? - fly on over to his Fallen House, Sunken City album, set to drop on March 2 (and don’t forget the space suit).
Listen to More: B. Dolan
Written by Sigurd on 02/16/10
Strange Famous Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fifty Ways to Bleed Your Customer" (2010)
You Might Like...
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.