When I saw that the title of the latest feature from Azon Blaze was “Gotham,” I was expecting something gritty, dark and crime-riddled in true Batman style. I was wrong. Instead, I was treated to a soulful, boom bap-inspired cut which finds the artist defending hip-hop against the game’s all-too-numerous Jokers and Two-Faces. D.R.U.G.S’ handles production duties, fusing a scratchy vinyl sound with a chiming percussion rhythm. Though the Raleigh native is calm, cool and collected on the mic, he delivers every juicy line with alacrity. Gotham is part of Blaze’s forthcoming Spring Hill Compilation, scheduled for release in July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
Spring Hill Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mullah Mandate " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.