When I saw that the title of the latest feature from Azon Blaze was “Gotham,” I was expecting something gritty, dark and crime-riddled in true Batman style. I was wrong. Instead, I was treated to a soulful, boom bap-inspired cut which finds the artist defending hip-hop against the game’s all-too-numerous Jokers and Two-Faces. D.R.U.G.S’ handles production duties, fusing a scratchy vinyl sound with a chiming percussion rhythm. Though the Raleigh native is calm, cool and collected on the mic, he delivers every juicy line with alacrity. Gotham is part of Blaze’s forthcoming Spring Hill Compilation, scheduled for release in July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
Spring Hill Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mullah Mandate " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)