When I saw that the title of the latest feature from Azon Blaze was “Gotham,” I was expecting something gritty, dark and crime-riddled in true Batman style. I was wrong. Instead, I was treated to a soulful, boom bap-inspired cut which finds the artist defending hip-hop against the game’s all-too-numerous Jokers and Two-Faces. D.R.U.G.S’ handles production duties, fusing a scratchy vinyl sound with a chiming percussion rhythm. Though the Raleigh native is calm, cool and collected on the mic, he delivers every juicy line with alacrity. Gotham is part of Blaze’s forthcoming Spring Hill Compilation, scheduled for release in July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
Spring Hill Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mullah Mandate " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.