When I saw that the title of the latest feature from Azon Blaze was “Gotham,” I was expecting something gritty, dark and crime-riddled in true Batman style. I was wrong. Instead, I was treated to a soulful, boom bap-inspired cut which finds the artist defending hip-hop against the game’s all-too-numerous Jokers and Two-Faces. D.R.U.G.S’ handles production duties, fusing a scratchy vinyl sound with a chiming percussion rhythm. Though the Raleigh native is calm, cool and collected on the mic, he delivers every juicy line with alacrity. Gotham is part of Blaze’s forthcoming Spring Hill Compilation, scheduled for release in July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/6/13
Spring Hill Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mullah Mandate " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.