There are few doper (or more elusive) things in life than the euphoric sense of possibility that comes with a new relationship. Booth newcomer Azekel recently met a girl who gives him That Feeling, and on his first feature (one-half of a newly-released double single) the East London multi-instrumentalist, beatsmith, singer and songwriter tells us all about it. Accompanied by his own understated guitar chords, the artist struggles to put the ineffable into words. While “Can I have another portion of you, with medium fries?” isn’t the most romantic thing I’ve heard all week, his heartfelt, conversational vocals get the message across. Daniel Oniya and David Ansah complement the cut with some down-to-earth official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? You can cop this record, along with companion single A Song to an Unborn Child, now via THNDRLGHTN Recordings.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Ordinary Love" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.