’07 has a special place in my heart, because it was the year I graduated high school. Another ’07 I hold near and dear is Azekel’s latest feature, Official ‘07. On this record, the UK crooner showcases a haunting, unique style sure to earn him a place in your heart as well. Speaking of hearts, it sounds like Azekel wants to give his away. Atop his and Youan’s cushioned, drowsy boardwork, Azekel lets his new lady know that, though they’ve only been been dating a short time, he already wants to make it official. It is technically a love song but his feathery, vaporous vocals, draped fittingly over the beat, make this a love song like nothing you’ve ever heard before. Official ‘07 is part of the artist’s upcoming, five-track Circa EP, due out in October.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.