’07 has a special place in my heart, because it was the year I graduated high school. Another ’07 I hold near and dear is Azekel’s latest feature, Official ‘07. On this record, the UK crooner showcases a haunting, unique style sure to earn him a place in your heart as well. Speaking of hearts, it sounds like Azekel wants to give his away. Atop his and Youan’s cushioned, drowsy boardwork, Azekel lets his new lady know that, though they’ve only been been dating a short time, he already wants to make it official. It is technically a love song but his feathery, vaporous vocals, draped fittingly over the beat, make this a love song like nothing you’ve ever heard before. Official ‘07 is part of the artist’s upcoming, five-track Circa EP, due out in October.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.