Azekel‘s first DJBooth feature, released back in March, saw the UK singer waxing poetic about That euphoric, almost ineffable Feeling that comes with a new romance. On his latest promo single, No Ordinary Love, he contemplates a phenomenon that’s even tougher to pin down, given that he’s never experienced it firsthand: the love of a father for his son. Over Adelight’s‘s mellow beat, built around a sample from Sade‘s 1992 cut of the same title, Azekel confesses, “My father was present / but his presence was missing,” and bittersweetly observes a friend’s developing relationship with his newborn child. This poignant jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Thndrlghtng Recordings signee’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.