Azekel‘s first DJBooth feature, released back in March, saw the UK singer waxing poetic about That euphoric, almost ineffable Feeling that comes with a new romance. On his latest promo single, No Ordinary Love, he contemplates a phenomenon that’s even tougher to pin down, given that he’s never experienced it firsthand: the love of a father for his son. Over Adelight’s‘s mellow beat, built around a sample from Sade‘s 1992 cut of the same title, Azekel confesses, “My father was present / but his presence was missing,” and bittersweetly observes a friend’s developing relationship with his newborn child. This poignant jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Thndrlghtng Recordings signee’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.