Azekel‘s first DJBooth feature, released back in March, saw the UK singer waxing poetic about That euphoric, almost ineffable Feeling that comes with a new romance. On his latest promo single, No Ordinary Love, he contemplates a phenomenon that’s even tougher to pin down, given that he’s never experienced it firsthand: the love of a father for his son. Over Adelight’s‘s mellow beat, built around a sample from Sade‘s 1992 cut of the same title, Azekel confesses, “My father was present / but his presence was missing,” and bittersweetly observes a friend’s developing relationship with his newborn child. This poignant jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Thndrlghtng Recordings signee’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.