Azekel‘s first DJBooth feature, released back in March, saw the UK singer waxing poetic about That euphoric, almost ineffable Feeling that comes with a new romance. On his latest promo single, No Ordinary Love, he contemplates a phenomenon that’s even tougher to pin down, given that he’s never experienced it firsthand: the love of a father for his son. Over Adelight’s‘s mellow beat, built around a sample from Sade‘s 1992 cut of the same title, Azekel confesses, “My father was present / but his presence was missing,” and bittersweetly observes a friend’s developing relationship with his newborn child. This poignant jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Thndrlghtng Recordings signee’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.