Azekel‘s first DJBooth feature, released back in March, saw the UK singer waxing poetic about That euphoric, almost ineffable Feeling that comes with a new romance. On his latest promo single, No Ordinary Love, he contemplates a phenomenon that’s even tougher to pin down, given that he’s never experienced it firsthand: the love of a father for his son. Over Adelight’s‘s mellow beat, built around a sample from Sade‘s 1992 cut of the same title, Azekel confesses, “My father was present / but his presence was missing,” and bittersweetly observes a friend’s developing relationship with his newborn child. This poignant jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Thndrlghtng Recordings signee’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Feeling" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.