I never thought I’d be saying this, but… I’m kinda scared of Azealia Banks. Yung Rapunxel, single numero uno off the emcee’sInterscope debut set sees her departing from the cheeky, high-energy vibes of her previous work in favor of something considerably darker. Over Lil Internet‘s pummeling electronic grooves, Banks comes with a verse’s worth of deadpan wordplay before shifting gears to a larynx-shredding shout, the better to pummel her opponents into submission. Just in case hearing Azealia excoriate the competition like a furious drill sergeant isn’t intense enough, director Jam Sutton packs his official visuals with imagery straight out of a surrealist nightmare. Feeling the new, more intimidating Azealia Banks? Those leaning toward the affirmative should keep it locked for all the latest on Broke With Expensive Taste, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers before the year is out.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.