I never thought I’d be saying this, but… I’m kinda scared of Azealia Banks. Yung Rapunxel, single numero uno off the emcee’sInterscope debut set sees her departing from the cheeky, high-energy vibes of her previous work in favor of something considerably darker. Over Lil Internet‘s pummeling electronic grooves, Banks comes with a verse’s worth of deadpan wordplay before shifting gears to a larynx-shredding shout, the better to pummel her opponents into submission. Just in case hearing Azealia excoriate the competition like a furious drill sergeant isn’t intense enough, director Jam Sutton packs his official visuals with imagery straight out of a surrealist nightmare. Feeling the new, more intimidating Azealia Banks? Those leaning toward the affirmative should keep it locked for all the latest on Broke With Expensive Taste, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers before the year is out.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!