Having baffled listeners with her not-really-retirement from rap and perplexed many yet further with polarizing single Aquababes, Azealia Banks, continues to surprise: her latest single, Nathan, is an ode to our very own Nathan S. I kid, I kid—though the Booth’s Managing Editor and album reviewer may have to wait a little longer for his theme song, fans of the Brooklyn recording artist’s particular brand of craziness will finds a lot to like about the joint, which finds Banks trading verses with D-Block‘s Styles P over a stark, percussion-driven beat by the aptly-named Drums of Death. Feeling it? More awaits on Fantasea scheduled for free digital release July 11.
Written by richard on 07/1/12
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.