If you grew up in my generation, odds are you have fond memories of Jumanji, the children’s book-turned-Robin Williams flick about a jungle-themed board game that comes to life before the players’ eyes. Loosely inspired by the classic franchise, Azealia Banks’ newly-released lead mixtape single finds the Harlem rhymesayer going crazy over Hudson Mohawke and Nick Hook‘s quirky, percussion-driven boardwork. The official prelude to Banks’ 1991 EP and major-label debut album Broke With Expensive Taste, the Fantastic mixtape has yet to receive a drop date. Keep it locked for release details on all three projects, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/11/12
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.