If you grew up in my generation, odds are you have fond memories of Jumanji, the children’s book-turned-Robin Williams flick about a jungle-themed board game that comes to life before the players’ eyes. Loosely inspired by the classic franchise, Azealia Banks’ newly-released lead mixtape single finds the Harlem rhymesayer going crazy over Hudson Mohawke and Nick Hook‘s quirky, percussion-driven boardwork. The official prelude to Banks’ 1991 EP and major-label debut album Broke With Expensive Taste, the Fantastic mixtape has yet to receive a drop date. Keep it locked for release details on all three projects, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/11/12
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.