Azealia Banks recently parted ways with Interscope, her label home of several years. But don’t get get it twisted; though she’s now a free agent, the NYC phenom is still gonna be getting major shine. On the chorus of her latest single, she assures fans, “I be very Heavy Metal and Reflective” As usual, Azealia’s verses are as playful as there are technically adept. Over Lil Internet‘s syncopated kicks and whirring synths, Yung Rapunxel spits about the many ways in which she outclasses her competition. Reflective is only a loosie, but we’ll keep you in the loop as Banks embarks on the latest chapter of her musical career.
Update: We have added the Rob Soucy x Nick Ace-directed visuals for Azealia’s Heavy Metal and Reflective single.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.