Azealia Banks recently parted ways with Interscope, her label home of several years. But don’t get get it twisted; though she’s now a free agent, the NYC phenom is still gonna be getting major shine. On the chorus of her latest single, she assures fans, “I be very Heavy Metal and Reflective” As usual, Azealia’s verses are as playful as there are technically adept. Over Lil Internet‘s syncopated kicks and whirring synths, Yung Rapunxel spits about the many ways in which she outclasses her competition. Reflective is only a loosie, but we’ll keep you in the loop as Banks embarks on the latest chapter of her musical career.
Update: We have added the Rob Soucy x Nick Ace-directed visuals for Azealia’s Heavy Metal and Reflective single.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"F*ck up the Fun" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.