Remember when Nicki Minaj was more interested in rapping like crazy than convincing people she was crazy? While I hate to compare every female rapper who comes around the bend to the Harajuku Barbie, those who, like yours truly, miss that balls (ovaries?) to the wall energy and unhinged yet playful aggression can find its echo in F*ck up the Fun, the first Booth feature from Azealia Banks. This hi-octane promo single finds Diplo serving up a relentless, syncopated percussion rhythm to back the Brooklyn mic-murderer as she crashes the competition’s party. An equal-opportunity trash-talker, Banks slings mud at rivals of both genders; after calling her male counterparts out for being “p*ssies”, she expresses her hope that wack female emcees looking to get on will “slip, trip, fall and lick on d*ck.” Through it all, she showcases a mile-a-minute flow sure to leave opponents dizzy and hip-hop heads impressed. Though this joint isn’t attached to either project, fans can hear more on Azealia’s recently-released 212 EP, as well as keeping it locked for the latest on her yet-unscheduled freshman set, Broke With Expensive Taste.
Update: Due to a DMCA request, the stream of Azealia Banks’ F*ck up the Fun single has been removed.
Written by richard on 03/26/12
Submit your Rating
Azealia Banks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.