Remember when Nicki Minaj was more interested in rapping like crazy than convincing people she was crazy? While I hate to compare every female rapper who comes around the bend to the Harajuku Barbie, those who, like yours truly, miss that balls (ovaries?) to the wall energy and unhinged yet playful aggression can find its echo in F*ck up the Fun, the first Booth feature from Azealia Banks. This hi-octane promo single finds Diplo serving up a relentless, syncopated percussion rhythm to back the Brooklyn mic-murderer as she crashes the competition’s party. An equal-opportunity trash-talker, Banks slings mud at rivals of both genders; after calling her male counterparts out for being “p*ssies”, she expresses her hope that wack female emcees looking to get on will “slip, trip, fall and lick on d*ck.” Through it all, she showcases a mile-a-minute flow sure to leave opponents dizzy and hip-hop heads impressed. Though this joint isn’t attached to either project, fans can hear more on Azealia’s recently-released 212 EP, as well as keeping it locked for the latest on her yet-unscheduled freshman set, Broke With Expensive Taste.
Update: Due to a DMCA request, the stream of Azealia Banks’ F*ck up the Fun single has been removed.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.