In his DJBooth debut, Santa Monica native Azad Right brings us Vices, the standout cut from his forthcoming project The Road To Peace. Over the seductive swirling synths of producer Jonathan Marquez, the Iranian-American pianist/violinist/emcee sheds light on the foibles in his life: “Sex, sex / That’s what I need in my life / Smoke, smoke / Yeah I gotta have that weed in my life.” Azad’s smooth flow matches the vibe of the beat perfectly, creating a mood similar (albeit faster) to Lil Wayne’s Single. Props to the Californian for taking a fresh new angle on sex, drugs and alcohol; while he acknowledges that they are in fact vices, he is content and even happy with them in his life: “You give me a purpose, you make it all worth it / As long as I have you I’m perfect.” Although the chorus is a bit anti-climactic for me, I’d say Mr. Right’s first feature is a solid one. No word yet on the release date for The Road To Peace, but keep it locked for more from this rising talent.
Written by CourtlandHH on 05/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Player's Club" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.