Decades after his classic contribution to Illmatic, AZ‘s agile, intricate flow hasn’t lost one iota of its power. Don’t believe me? You will, after hearing the East Coast mainstay work a little Red Magic on his latest promo single. BabyPaul and Beat Fanatik man the boards on this uniquely catchy street banger, flipping a sample from The Brothers Jones’ ‘77 R&B classic, Strawberry Letter 23, as AZ reminisces over his history in the hip-hop game and busts lyrical shots at his foes (including the NYPD). Craving more? Then stay tuned; Red Magic isn’t part of a larger album, but we’ll keep you posted on the rap vet’s plans as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.