Decades after his classic contribution to Illmatic, AZ‘s agile, intricate flow hasn’t lost one iota of its power. Don’t believe me? You will, after hearing the East Coast mainstay work a little Red Magic on his latest promo single. BabyPaul and Beat Fanatik man the boards on this uniquely catchy street banger, flipping a sample from The Brothers Jones’ ‘77 R&B classic, Strawberry Letter 23, as AZ reminisces over his history in the hip-hop game and busts lyrical shots at his foes (including the NYPD). Craving more? Then stay tuned; Red Magic isn’t part of a larger album, but we’ll keep you posted on the rap vet’s plans as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.