AZ is a classic example of the emcee who knows how to make dope tracks, but can never achieve the commercial success that everyone expects of him. His career has been an uphill battle since the late ‘90s, when he rode on the coattails of Nas’s success as a member of The Firm. It is therefore is no surprise that on his upcoming mixtape, N4L (N*ggaz 4 Life), he imitates Nas’s recent militancy by including highly controversial songs and cover art of him hanging from a tree. I Just Wanna is actually one of the tamer tracks on the mixtape, touching on the harmless issues of getting high and paper chasing rather than lynch mobs and bigotry. The track features guest verses from Sheek Louch and Max B, and production from Addicted 4 Life. N4L is hosted by DJ Absolut and drops in September.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.