AZ is a classic example of the emcee who knows how to make dope tracks, but can never achieve the commercial success that everyone expects of him. His career has been an uphill battle since the late ‘90s, when he rode on the coattails of Nas’s success as a member of The Firm. It is therefore is no surprise that on his upcoming mixtape, N4L (N*ggaz 4 Life), he imitates Nas’s recent militancy by including highly controversial songs and cover art of him hanging from a tree. I Just Wanna is actually one of the tamer tracks on the mixtape, touching on the harmless issues of getting high and paper chasing rather than lynch mobs and bigotry. The track features guest verses from Sheek Louch and Max B, and production from Addicted 4 Life. N4L is hosted by DJ Absolut and drops in September.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.