AZ is a classic example of the emcee who knows how to make dope tracks, but can never achieve the commercial success that everyone expects of him. His career has been an uphill battle since the late ‘90s, when he rode on the coattails of Nas’s success as a member of The Firm. It is therefore is no surprise that on his upcoming mixtape, N4L (N*ggaz 4 Life), he imitates Nas’s recent militancy by including highly controversial songs and cover art of him hanging from a tree. I Just Wanna is actually one of the tamer tracks on the mixtape, touching on the harmless issues of getting high and paper chasing rather than lynch mobs and bigotry. The track features guest verses from Sheek Louch and Max B, and production from Addicted 4 Life. N4L is hosted by DJ Absolut and drops in September.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.