AZ is a classic example of the emcee who knows how to make dope tracks, but can never achieve the commercial success that everyone expects of him. His career has been an uphill battle since the late ‘90s, when he rode on the coattails of Nas’s success as a member of The Firm. It is therefore is no surprise that on his upcoming mixtape, N4L (N*ggaz 4 Life), he imitates Nas’s recent militancy by including highly controversial songs and cover art of him hanging from a tree. I Just Wanna is actually one of the tamer tracks on the mixtape, touching on the harmless issues of getting high and paper chasing rather than lynch mobs and bigotry. The track features guest verses from Sheek Louch and Max B, and production from Addicted 4 Life. N4L is hosted by DJ Absolut and drops in September.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.