AZ has been a pretty busy man of late. After releasing Undeniable this past April, the former Firm emcee dropped his Certified SOSA mixtape to much of the industry’s chagrin. On his new single, Magic Hour, however, it’s ’93 all over again. The Brooklyn-born lyrical assassin links up with the rap game’s black sheep, C.L. Smooth, and together they work up a little David Blaine over producer Tone Mason’s sample-heavy track. Like his past hits, Magic Hour showcases the diverse talents that put AZ head-and-shoulders above other young up-and-comers. The emcee’s Anthology (B-Sides & Unreleased) will be released on November 18, a week before Final Call: The Lost Tapes.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.