AZ has been a pretty busy man of late. After releasing Undeniable this past April, the former Firm emcee dropped his Certified SOSA mixtape to much of the industry’s chagrin. On his new single, Magic Hour, however, it’s ’93 all over again. The Brooklyn-born lyrical assassin links up with the rap game’s black sheep, C.L. Smooth, and together they work up a little David Blaine over producer Tone Mason’s sample-heavy track. Like his past hits, Magic Hour showcases the diverse talents that put AZ head-and-shoulders above other young up-and-comers. The emcee’s Anthology (B-Sides & Unreleased) will be released on November 18, a week before Final Call: The Lost Tapes.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.