AZ has been a pretty busy man of late. After releasing Undeniable this past April, the former Firm emcee dropped his Certified SOSA mixtape to much of the industry’s chagrin. On his new single, Magic Hour, however, it’s ’93 all over again. The Brooklyn-born lyrical assassin links up with the rap game’s black sheep, C.L. Smooth, and together they work up a little David Blaine over producer Tone Mason’s sample-heavy track. Like his past hits, Magic Hour showcases the diverse talents that put AZ head-and-shoulders above other young up-and-comers. The emcee’s Anthology (B-Sides & Unreleased) will be released on November 18, a week before Final Call: The Lost Tapes.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)