There are many ways to get someone’s digits, but few are more effective than the confident and direct approach. On his latest single and first Booth feature, Nigerian-born, NYC-based singer Ayo-Jay shows us how it’s done, boldly asking a woman he’s had his eye on, “Can I get Your Number, girl?” His success is debatable (Judging by the unusual format of the number, 0102-656-547853, she either lives overseas or is a very bad liar.), but no matter; if he keeps releasing material as catchy as this Melvitto-produced jam, it won’t be long before women are lining up to get his contact info. If you’re feeling it, keep it locked for further singles leading up to the December release of Ayo-Jay’s next LP, which is currently untitled.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ayo-Jay’s Daniel Long-directed Young Number visual.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
One Nation Ent. Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)