This past July, an up-and-coming emcee by the name of A.K.A. the Phresh Prince stepped into the Booth with Stacks on Deck, a track that, though it was met with mixed reader reviews, earned a thumbs-up from our own Burmy, who concluded, “...we can only speculate as to which major he’ll ultimately call home.” As it turns out, that prediction was dead-on. A mere four months later, the Brooklyn/Detroit dual representative, now going by the much less cumbersome moniker of Ayo, has signed a contract with Atlantic, and is preparing to drop his first mixtape project under the new deal. On Check Me Out, the latest single off the project, the emcee takes a well-earned victory lap, painting a lyrical portrait of material success over Koncept‘s street-ready synth boardwork: “All my cars foreign, all my clothes designer/ I’ma keep stackin’, pockets filled with my lasagna.” If this boastful banger piques your interest, check out the newly-signed/renamed rapper’s Self Made Celebrity: No Assembly Required mixtape when it hits the ‘net on the 30th of this month.
Written by richard on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)