Although artist/producer Ayatollah has been in the game for a while, his current single The Wig Out is his official debut on The DJBooth. Blasting into the hip-hop scene in the late ‘90s, Ayatollah produced records for many a rap great, including the likes of Mos Def and Ghostface Killah. Years later, he has crafted a brand new solo album, Avant Garde, with the Rawkus-era of Hip-Hop in mind. The Wig Out, featuring guest artist Silent Knight, is an accurate description of exactly how you’d imagine one of his live shows would be. With his strong lyrical flow, Ayatollah describes how everyone in the club dances along to his rhymes, which sounds like a believable claim. With nine instrumental albums to his name, and a long list of songs produced, be sure to add “rocking the drum machine” to his list of talents. The Avant Garde LP is out now via Elementality Productions.
Written by Jordon Norris on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Love Music" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.