Although artist/producer Ayatollah has been in the game for a while, his current single The Wig Out is his official debut on The DJBooth. Blasting into the hip-hop scene in the late ‘90s, Ayatollah produced records for many a rap great, including the likes of Mos Def and Ghostface Killah. Years later, he has crafted a brand new solo album, Avant Garde, with the Rawkus-era of Hip-Hop in mind. The Wig Out, featuring guest artist Silent Knight, is an accurate description of exactly how you’d imagine one of his live shows would be. With his strong lyrical flow, Ayatollah describes how everyone in the club dances along to his rhymes, which sounds like a believable claim. With nine instrumental albums to his name, and a long list of songs produced, be sure to add “rocking the drum machine” to his list of talents. The Avant Garde LP is out now via Elementality Productions.
Written by Jordon Norris on 03/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Love Music" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)