Although artist/producer Ayatollah has been in the game for a while, his current single The Wig Out is his official debut on The DJBooth. Blasting into the hip-hop scene in the late ‘90s, Ayatollah produced records for many a rap great, including the likes of Mos Def and Ghostface Killah. Years later, he has crafted a brand new solo album, Avant Garde, with the Rawkus-era of Hip-Hop in mind. The Wig Out, featuring guest artist Silent Knight, is an accurate description of exactly how you’d imagine one of his live shows would be. With his strong lyrical flow, Ayatollah describes how everyone in the club dances along to his rhymes, which sounds like a believable claim. With nine instrumental albums to his name, and a long list of songs produced, be sure to add “rocking the drum machine” to his list of talents. The Avant Garde LP is out now via Elementality Productions.
Written by Jordon Norris on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Love Music" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.