Although artist/producer Ayatollah has been in the game for a while, his current single The Wig Out is his official debut on The DJBooth. Blasting into the hip-hop scene in the late ‘90s, Ayatollah produced records for many a rap great, including the likes of Mos Def and Ghostface Killah. Years later, he has crafted a brand new solo album, Avant Garde, with the Rawkus-era of Hip-Hop in mind. The Wig Out, featuring guest artist Silent Knight, is an accurate description of exactly how you’d imagine one of his live shows would be. With his strong lyrical flow, Ayatollah describes how everyone in the club dances along to his rhymes, which sounds like a believable claim. With nine instrumental albums to his name, and a long list of songs produced, be sure to add “rocking the drum machine” to his list of talents. The Avant Garde LP is out now via Elementality Productions.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Love Music" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.