Although artist/producer Ayatollah has been in the game for a while, his current single The Wig Out is his official debut on The DJBooth. Blasting into the hip-hop scene in the late ‘90s, Ayatollah produced records for many a rap great, including the likes of Mos Def and Ghostface Killah. Years later, he has crafted a brand new solo album, Avant Garde, with the Rawkus-era of Hip-Hop in mind. The Wig Out, featuring guest artist Silent Knight, is an accurate description of exactly how you’d imagine one of his live shows would be. With his strong lyrical flow, Ayatollah describes how everyone in the club dances along to his rhymes, which sounds like a believable claim. With nine instrumental albums to his name, and a long list of songs produced, be sure to add “rocking the drum machine” to his list of talents. The Avant Garde LP is out now via Elementality Productions.
Written by Jordon Norris on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Love Music" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.